Recipes By: Jaskirat Kaur
Assist By: Ranjodh Singh
Traditional Mango Chutney Recipe Ingredients:
- 5-6 unripe mangoes, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup Jaggery (gudd) or as per taste
- 2 tablespoons Mustard oil
- ½ tablespoon Mustard seeds ( methre)
- ½ tablespoon Asafoetida ( heeng)
- ½ tablespoon Nigella seeds ( kalonji)
- ½ tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Chat Masala
- 1 teaspoon Rock Salt ( Kala namak)
- 3-4 Dry Red Chillies
- 2-3 tablespoons of mixed seeds like melon, Pepitas
Traditional Mango Chutney Recipe Method:
- Heat oil in a pan, once heated add heeng, nether, kalonji and sukhi lal mirch
- Once these dry masala start to sputter, add kache ambb and gudd.
- Cook on medium flame until mango n gudd softens
- Add chat masala and Kala namak
- Cook for another 5 mins
- Add magaz
- Enjoy with garam pranthi and sabji or only with pranthi on its own
Haanji Di Rasoi Recipes
Mango Jalapenos Jam Recipe Ingredients: 1 Mango, chopped finely 2-3 Jalapenos, deseeded, chopped finely ¼ cup white vinegar 1 tablespoon soy sauce ½ cup sugar 1 cm piece of ginger, chopped finely 1.5 tablespoon cornflour 2 tablespoon...
Mango Chia Seeds Pudding ( Breakfast or dessert) Recipe Ingredients: 1 litre milk of choice ( coconut milk goes perfect with this pudding g) 6-7 tablespoons Chia Seeds 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla essence 1 ½ tablespoon honey 1 Mango,...
Mango Lassi Recipe Ingredients: 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into slices 10 mint leaves, washes thoroughly 1 cup yoghurt (dahi) ½ cup mil 1 teaspoon sugar or as per taste ½ lemon juice Dash of rum or vodka (only for adults) Ice as...