Recipes By: Jaskirat Kaur
Assist By: Ranjodh Singh
Moongi Daal Laddu Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup moong dal ( wash thoroughly and dry in microwave for 1min or so)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup ghee
- 2 tablespoons almonds or any other nuts of your choice
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
Moongi Daal Laddu Recipe Method:
- In a heavy bottom frying pan, roast moong dal over medium low heat. Keep stir-frying till its light brown in colour and becomes aromatic. Make sure cook on low heat otherwise dal will not be toasted inside. This will take about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer into a plate and let it cool to the room temperature
- Once dal is cooled, grind it to a fine powder
- In a bowl mix roasted dal powder, sugar, cardamom powder and crushed almonds and other nuts. Mix well. Keep aside
- Melt ghee. Ghee should be warm, pour warm ghee over dal mixture and mix it well. Take 2 tablespoons of mix in your palm and make them into balls or laddus. If laddu is not holding shape, add more about 1 tablespoon of melted warm ghee and mix well. Make laddus with rest of the mixture
- Store in an airtight container. The laddus will stay good for about two weeks
Haanji Di Rasoi Recipes
Creamy Makhana Mushrooms Sabji Recipe Ingredients: 200 gm mushrooms-fresh, sliced 1 cup roasted Makhana 1/2 cup spring onions-chopped 2 Tbsp butter 1 tsp oil 1 Tbsp Aata 1/4 tsp black pepper powder 1 cup milk 1 tsp salt or to taste...
Makhana Namkeen Recipe Ingredients: 2 tbsp Ghee 2 cups Makhana / Foxnuts 1/2 cup Almonds (Badaam) 1/2 cup Cashew Nuts (Kaaju) 3 tbsp Melon Seeds (Pepitas) 1/4 cup Dry Coconut Cut into thin slices 10-12 Curry leaves Salt to taste 1/2...
Kalakand ( in microwave) Recipe Ingredients: 3/4 cup thinly grated paneer (cottage cheese) 8 tbsp milk powder 1 tsp cornflour 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup fresh cream For Garnish 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder 2 tbsp almond (badam)...