Recipes By: Jaskirat Kaur
Assist By: Ranjodh Singh
Moongi Daal Laddu Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup moong dal ( wash thoroughly and dry in microwave for 1min or so)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup ghee
- 2 tablespoons almonds or any other nuts of your choice
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
Moongi Daal Laddu Recipe Method:
- In a heavy bottom frying pan, roast moong dal over medium low heat. Keep stir-frying till its light brown in colour and becomes aromatic. Make sure cook on low heat otherwise dal will not be toasted inside. This will take about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer into a plate and let it cool to the room temperature
- Once dal is cooled, grind it to a fine powder
- In a bowl mix roasted dal powder, sugar, cardamom powder and crushed almonds and other nuts. Mix well. Keep aside
- Melt ghee. Ghee should be warm, pour warm ghee over dal mixture and mix it well. Take 2 tablespoons of mix in your palm and make them into balls or laddus. If laddu is not holding shape, add more about 1 tablespoon of melted warm ghee and mix well. Make laddus with rest of the mixture
- Store in an airtight container. The laddus will stay good for about two weeks
Haanji Di Rasoi Recipes
Mango Jalapenos Jam Recipe Ingredients: 1 Mango, chopped finely 2-3 Jalapenos, deseeded, chopped finely ¼ cup white vinegar 1 tablespoon soy sauce ½ cup sugar 1 cm piece of ginger, chopped finely 1.5 tablespoon cornflour 2 tablespoon...
Mango Chia Seeds Pudding ( Breakfast or dessert) Recipe Ingredients: 1 litre milk of choice ( coconut milk goes perfect with this pudding g) 6-7 tablespoons Chia Seeds 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla essence 1 ½ tablespoon honey 1 Mango,...
Mango Lassi Recipe Ingredients: 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into slices 10 mint leaves, washes thoroughly 1 cup yoghurt (dahi) ½ cup mil 1 teaspoon sugar or as per taste ½ lemon juice Dash of rum or vodka (only for adults) Ice as...