Recipes By: Jaskirat Kaur
Assist By: Ranjodh Singh
Meethe Chawal / Zarda Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 tablespoons of ghee
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 2-3 cloves (laung)
- 3-4 green cardamom (choti elachi)
- ½ cup sugar or as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon elachi powder
- ¼ cup water
- 10-15 strands of saffron (Kesar) soaked in 1 tablespoon of milk
- Nuts – cashews, almonds, pistachios, sultanas and sliced coconut
Meethe Chawal / Zarda Recipe Method:
- Rinse and soak rice for 30mins.
- Add 2 cups of water and just cook (90%) rice for 8-10mins
- In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee, once heated add elachi, laung, dalchini and saute till aromatic
- Add sugar, and ¼ cup water, elachi powder and Kesar with milk. Cook till sugar dissolves
- Add rice, mix well but carefully don’t break rice
- Cover and cook till all water evaporates
- Add chopped nuts and coconut
- Enjoy as a meal or as a dessert
Haanji Di Rasoi Recipes
Mango Jalapenos Jam Recipe Ingredients: 1 Mango, chopped finely 2-3 Jalapenos, deseeded, chopped finely ¼ cup white vinegar 1 tablespoon soy sauce ½ cup sugar 1 cm piece of ginger, chopped finely 1.5 tablespoon cornflour 2 tablespoon...
Mango Chia Seeds Pudding ( Breakfast or dessert) Recipe Ingredients: 1 litre milk of choice ( coconut milk goes perfect with this pudding g) 6-7 tablespoons Chia Seeds 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla essence 1 ½ tablespoon honey 1 Mango,...
Mango Lassi Recipe Ingredients: 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into slices 10 mint leaves, washes thoroughly 1 cup yoghurt (dahi) ½ cup mil 1 teaspoon sugar or as per taste ½ lemon juice Dash of rum or vodka (only for adults) Ice as...