Recipes By: Jaskirat Kaur
Assist By: Ranjodh Singh
Meethe Chawal / Zarda Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 2-3 tablespoons of ghee
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 2-3 cloves (laung)
- 3-4 green cardamom (choti elachi)
- ½ cup sugar or as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon elachi powder
- ¼ cup water
- 10-15 strands of saffron (Kesar) soaked in 1 tablespoon of milk
- Nuts – cashews, almonds, pistachios, sultanas and sliced coconut
Meethe Chawal / Zarda Recipe Method:
- Rinse and soak rice for 30mins.
- Add 2 cups of water and just cook (90%) rice for 8-10mins
- In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee, once heated add elachi, laung, dalchini and saute till aromatic
- Add sugar, and ¼ cup water, elachi powder and Kesar with milk. Cook till sugar dissolves
- Add rice, mix well but carefully don’t break rice
- Cover and cook till all water evaporates
- Add chopped nuts and coconut
- Enjoy as a meal or as a dessert
Haanji Di Rasoi Recipes
Creamy Makhana Mushrooms Sabji Recipe Ingredients: 200 gm mushrooms-fresh, sliced 1 cup roasted Makhana 1/2 cup spring onions-chopped 2 Tbsp butter 1 tsp oil 1 Tbsp Aata 1/4 tsp black pepper powder 1 cup milk 1 tsp salt or to taste...
Makhana Namkeen Recipe Ingredients: 2 tbsp Ghee 2 cups Makhana / Foxnuts 1/2 cup Almonds (Badaam) 1/2 cup Cashew Nuts (Kaaju) 3 tbsp Melon Seeds (Pepitas) 1/4 cup Dry Coconut Cut into thin slices 10-12 Curry leaves Salt to taste 1/2...
Moongi Daal Laddu Recipe Ingredients: 1 cup moong dal ( wash thoroughly and dry in microwave for 1min or so) 3/4 cup caster sugar ½ cup ghee 2 tablespoons almonds or any other nuts of your choice ½ teaspoon cardamom powder Moongi Daal...