Recipes By: Jaskirat Kaur
Assist By: Ranjodh Singh
Mango Jalapenos Jam Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 Mango, chopped finely
- 2-3 Jalapenos, deseeded, chopped finely
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cm piece of ginger, chopped finely
- 1.5 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon water
- Chopped parsley ( if using this jam as a dip with cream cheese)
Mango Jalapenos Jam Recipe Method:
- Place the mango, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and ginger in a saucepan
- Heat over medium heat and bring to a boil while stirring to dissolve sugar
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until slightly thickened
- Add chopped jalapeno and simmer for a further 5 minutes
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornflour in 2 tbsp of water. Add this to the mango jalapeno sauce and simmer (stirring frequently) until thickened, another 10-15 minutes
- Simmer longer for a thicker sauce, or add water to thin it out
- Can be used a dip with cream cheese and rice crackers
Haanji Di Rasoi Recipes
Mango Chia Seeds Pudding ( Breakfast or dessert) Recipe Ingredients: 1 litre milk of choice ( coconut milk goes perfect with this pudding g) 6-7 tablespoons Chia Seeds 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla essence 1 ½ tablespoon honey 1 Mango,...
Mango Lassi Recipe Ingredients: 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into slices 10 mint leaves, washes thoroughly 1 cup yoghurt (dahi) ½ cup mil 1 teaspoon sugar or as per taste ½ lemon juice Dash of rum or vodka (only for adults) Ice as...
Traditional Mango Chutney Recipe Ingredients: 5-6 unripe mangoes, peeled and sliced ½ cup Jaggery (gudd) or as per taste 2 tablespoons Mustard oil ½ tablespoon Mustard seeds ( methre) ½ tablespoon Asafoetida ( heeng) ½ tablespoon...