Votes
[Rating: 0]
CCTV shows three gunmen storm western Sydney home

CCTV shows three men storming a home in Bass Hill earlier this year. Courtesy: NSW Police

Police have released confronting CCTV of a shooting in Sydney’s west in a fresh bid to track down three alleged gunmen.

This year, three men armed with handguns stormed a house in Bass Hill and fired eight shots into the home on June 22 this year.

A man and woman, both 28, and a four-year-old child were in the home at the time but uninjured.

“It’s clearly a targeted attack, there is obviously a conflict between the victim and those involved in the shooting,” Detective Acting Inspector Scott Houlden said today.

“Public place shootings and shootings in residential areas are of significant concern to us, although we believe this was a planned and premeditated attack.

“It was reckless and it’s just by sheer luck that no one’s been injured.”

He added that the gunmen were spooked by a security system at the house, and “the outcome could have been quite different if the alarm hadn’t sounded”.

Police believe the three men fled in a stolen white Audi RSQ3 that was later set alight on Jacaranda Avenue, Georges Hall, before the trio left in a white SUV.

Detectives from Bankstown Police Area Command established Strike Force Vicky to investigate the circumstance surrounding the shooting.

Investigators are appealing to the public for assistance to identify any suspicious or unusual behaviour in Sevenoaks Crescent prior to the shooting.

“At this point the victim is providing information to us, but with all incidents like this there is a wall of silence and we ask anyone who’s got information and has a community-minded spirit to assist us with those inquiries,” Detective Acting Inspector Houlden said.

Source: https://www.9news.com.au/national/bass-hill-shooting-police-release-cctv/f0d28ac3-99fe-4c04-9b56-9d400b8c15f5