The ACT has recorded nine new COVID-19 cases overnight, bringing the territory’s total to 62.
The new cases include six males and three females, aged between 21 and 73.
ACT Health said seven of the cases are linked to overseas travel, including cruise ships, and two are close contacts of confirmed cases.
Health officials maintain there is no community transmission of the virus in the territory.
These new cases come as a second person is reported to have made a full recovery from COVID-19, and released from self-isolation.
The ACT’s first recovered person was diagnosed on March 12, and is now no longer required to self-isolate.
“From the start, [he] did everything right … and I would like to thank him,” ACT Health Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith said yesterday.
“People have been incredibly cooperative so far, and we hope that continues.”
ACT COVID-19 snapshot
Confirmed cases in Canberra: 62
Recovered cases in Canberra: 2
Tested negative in the ACT: 3,698
Nearby confirmed cases in:
Goulburn Mulwaree: 6
Eurobodalla Shire: 4
Yass Valley: 0
There are currently five COVID-19 patients in Canberra Hospital; the rest are isolating at home.
The total number of coronavirus cases across Australia has now risen to over 3,000 — more than 1,000 of which are in NSW.
In the regions surrounding Canberra, Goulburn has recorded two new cases, taking its total to six. The Cooma-Monaro region recorded its first case, and the Queanbeyan-Palerang council area has five confirmed cases.
Relevant flight details and confirmed case details from today’s new ACT cases will be uploaded to the ACT Health website.